Giving a tribute to all the great mom’s ‘ITE India Pvt Ltd.’ and ‘Hacker Kitchens, Germany’ hosted the first Mother’s Day Annual Awards 2012 empowered by NGO Tamana at Hotel Vasant Continental, Vasant Vihar on Saturday, May 12th. Even though the Weather played a spoilt sport, all the Great Moms braved the heavy storm and rain and reached the venue in time. The evening saw a proud gathering of sons and daughters praising their mothers for all they have achieved in life. There were tears of Joys, there was sense of Pride and Belonging as each child awarded his/her Mom with the great honour .
While the children of NGO Tamana and School on wheels, a school started by NGO for slum children, elated everybody with wonderful dance performances, Indian Idol Diwakar Sharma enthralled everybody with his Mom’s favourite songs. And the evening was further glorified with the Chief Guest Mrs. Barkha Singh, Member of the Legislative Assembly mesmerising the audience with a lovely song for the mothers.
There is no relationship more beautiful than a mother and child relationship and we tried every thing possible to make this moment a very prestigious and memorable moment in their lives, said Dr. Shayama Chona, founder NGO Tamana and School on Wheels.
“Mother’s Day has always been a very special day for the kids to show their mothers how much they love, care and respect them. The enthusiasm with which the children participated and came up to the stage to honour and praise their Moms is commendable.”, said Mrs.Kiran Sharma, President, ITE India Pvt Ltd.
“It is an honour to have such great Moms with us today and we really appreciate their efforts and support to make this celebration a grand success”, said Capt. Mukesh Kumar Chairman & Managing Director, Kanu Kitchen Kulture Pvt Ltd representing Hacker Brand in India.
A bunch of events were a part of the jubilant Mother’s Day Celebration which included a performance by Mogly’s (a spiritual learning centre for kids), a coffee cup reading session by Neha Sareen especially organised for the Mom’s, and last but not the least Artist Bipasha Sen Gupta presenting an art work to each great Mom with their signatures on it.
The following Moms received the honours:
1. Mrs. Sharmila Tagore, Actress and her Children Saif, Soha and Saba Ali Khan.
2. Dr. Blossom Kochhar, Chairperson, Blossom Kochhar group of companies and her daughter Ms. Samantha Kochhar MD Blossom kochhar group of companies
3. Mrs. Adarsh Wadhwa, and her daughter Ms. Sonal Kalra, Editor HT City and a most sought after Media Personality
4. Mrs. Shub Seth and her sons Advertising and Marketing Men, Authors, Columnists Suhel Seth and Swapan Seth
5. Mrs. Alka Sharma, and her son Diwakar Sharma (visually impaired and the recipient of Indian Idol Award)
6. Mrs. Ved Maa and her Son Amit Luthra, Gold Medalist, Asian Games Golf and Arjuna Awardee, Daughter Rashmi Uday Singh, IAS Officer, lawyer, Food Critic Author of best selling Cookery Books and TV Shows and Son Rajiv Luthra, Founder of Country’s Best Law Firm.
7. Mrs. Neelam Pratap Rudy and her daughter Angel who is an accomplished Kuchipudi dancer
10. Mrs. Poonam Chopra and her daughter Ms Anjum Chopra, Captain, Indian Women’s Cricket Team
11. Mrs. Meena Nagpal and her son Dr.Jitendra Nagpal
12. Mrs. Durga Devi Batra, a great social figure from Saharanpur, 101 years old and have 5 generation living with strength of 101 next of kin, and her Grand Daughter Neha Batra, a renowned interior designer
13. Dr. Shayama Chona (Padma Bhushan and Padma Shree) and her daughters Tamana and Abha
By: Amit kumar srivastava.