Indian Culinary Forum hosted the 10th Annual Metro Chef Awards 2013 to facilitate the chefs who showcased their culinary art skills at the challenge on 23rd November 2013 at Hotel Ashok, New Delhi, on the occasion of International Chefs Day. The awards ceremony was graced by who’s who of the hospitality fraternity and the chief guest, Mr. Shashi Tharoor, Hon’ble Minister for HRD, Chef Vikas Khanna, Chef Kunal Kapur, Ms. Sunanda Pushkar, to name a few.
The festivities kicked-off on 23rd November 2013 with the seasoned chefs competing with each other in different categories each day. A four day long -Trade Test for Chef Awards’13 was judged by esteemed jury comprising of Chef Virender S Datta, Chairperson, Jury and other ICF committee members, Chef Gill, Chef Jitender Uppal, Chef Davinder Kumar, Chef Vivek Saggar, Chef Shaju Zacharia to name a few. The competition brings Indian chefs at par with their counter parts in the developed western world & makes them eligible to be part of international culinary competitions worldwide.
“Cuisine has always been an important part of the hospitality sector. It plays an important role in promoting and cultivating the Tourism sector in India. An inherent soft power rests in the hands of the Indian Cuisine and its time we realize the immense need to propagate and enhance the power of chef as a profession” said Shashi Tharoor, Hon’ble Minister for HRD.
Awards were distributed under different categories like:
• Silver Hat Chef Award: Chef Sabyasachi Gorai
• Best Food writer Award (Jury Award): Ms. Hoihnu Hauzel
• Lifetime Achievement Award (Jury Award): Chef Satish Arora
• Master Chef International Cuisine Award: Chef Kishan Singh Rawat
• Master Chef Oriental Cuisine Award: Chef Anand Rawat
• Kitchen Artist Award: Chef Chittaranjan Jena
• Master Chef North India Cuisine Award: Chef Saurabh Sachdeva
• Master Chef Indian Sweets Award: Chef Dharmender
• Master Chef International Confectionary Award: Chef Pawan Saxena
• Master Chef Kebab Award: Chef Govind Ram Arya
• Chef of the Year Award: Chef Pankaj Kumar
• Master Chef Baker Award: Chef Javed Alam
• Master Chef South India Cuisine Award: Chef F.P. Girish Kumar
• Student Chef of the Year Award: Ms. Megha Agarwal
Chef Suman Sharma, General Secretary, Indian Culinary Forum, said,” I feel delighted to have been a part of ICF for so many years now. I feel immense pleasure to present these awards to the deserving chefs who have proved their culinary skills and have made a remarkable place in this industry. The book of Culinary Excellence has been launched to provide signature recipes of Master Chefs of India.”
Mr. Anil Bhandari, Chairman, Organizing Committee of Chef Awards said “We are celebrating International Chef’s Day and Chef Awards since 2004 and this is the 10th year in the running. We believe Chef’s are not only the ambassadors of our country, but they also form an integral part of the hospitality industry. During these celebrations chefs presented the best of their skills in categories of cooking, garnishing and serving in the platter.”